The conversion of the cottages has been carried with the aim of achieving outstanding energy ratings:
- High levels of insulation to minimise energy loss
- Biomass heating, sourced from local woods
- Re-cycled building materials used wherever possible
- FSC timber used for new wood
- Enhanced habitats for wildlife (including: new native trees and shrubs, bird boxes, bat boxes, heathland left to go wild, ponds and more trees)
- Argon-filled double glazing
- Low energy lighting throughout
- Local builders used to minimise travel
- More than 1500 trees planted in the past 5 years - you can plant more if you want!
- Green travel options available on request.