Sycamore Farm has recently been designated as a private nature reserve. The farm has been allowed to re-wild over the past two decades, with a little helping hand in places to encourage maximum biodiversity. Two ponds attract water fowl, amphibians and dragonflies.
We are now experienceing a profusion of birds, mammals, trees and wildflowers. You are welcome to wander around the farm to experience the wildlife that lives here.
The conversion of the cottages has been carried with the aim of achieving outstanding energy efficiency:
- Extra high levels of insulation to minimise energy loss.
- Biomass heating, sourced from local woods.
- Re-cycled and FSC building materials used throughout.
- Argon-filled double glazing keeps heat (and noise!) in.
- Low energy lighting throughout.
- All electricity is from renewable sources.
- More than 2,000 trees planted in the past 15 years - you can plant more if you want!